Friday, May 27, 2011

The two phrases I hear the most...

"I need a nose blow!" and "Look at me, Mommy!" are the two phrases I hear the most during the day. The first may seem a little strange to an outsider, but S uses this phrase a lot when he's in trouble or upset about something. I think he does it to be reassured that we still love him enough to take care of him even though he did something wrong. While it is frustrating to be interrupted when I have goal in mind to get something done, I have to remember that I didn't become a stay at mom so that I could keep a clean house. Now I treasure those moments when they are calling for my attention.

Nurturing my boys has been a learning process for me. I did not start out a kid person to begin with, but God has definitely given me everything I've needed to care for you family. I've held a few jobs outside the home before my kids were born, but nothing has me depending on God as much as being a mommy. Whether its needing more patience, worry, or just strength to get through another day, He has always been there.

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Jeremiah 17:7-8

2 comments:

  1. As a mom of two very little ones, I cannot imagine how parents walk the road of parenting without Christ. I will be the first to admit that I tend far too much to try to do this all on my own power. I wear down very quickly. It's not pretty. It IS a good reminder to flee to the foot of the cross once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Audra, I know what you mean. I think parenting is a very humbling way of teaching us dependence on God!

    ReplyDelete